Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Restaurant Gather In Berkeley Left Me Hungry


I must say Gather is a beautiful place and the service was stellar, but in my opinion you might leave the restaurant hungry as I did. I love food and I come from a long line of "Last Of The Big Bad Eaters", we can throw down in my family. But if you are on a diet and looking for Locally Grown food, or a choice of Gluten free,or Vegan food this is the place.

I had the Kale salad with winter root's, fried capers, pine nuts, and Fiscalini cheese. I chose the 7 dollar small salad which was a mistake and added chicken for two more dollars, another mistake. I could not find the chicken, or the pine nuts on my plate the flavor was good, just not enough on the plate for the pallet to get the full effect of what they were trying to do.

I will however give them another chance because the ambiance is wonderful with the open kitchen great lighting I almost forgot I was still hungry. I noticed they had a great wine bar over in the corner,and I want to try the Gather Hot Dog which consists of Beef,lamb,wild boar and fennel. Um mm sounds interesting. Another Berkeley restaurant gone wild in a cheek way, reminds me of Cafe Gratitude without the hipsters, but with smaller portions.

I'm going to give it an Adi Zakti 8
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment